|Bitchin' shades for a bitchin' Bitch of the Week.|
That said, every once in a while, even amongst the greatest bitches of all time and space, one individual somehow stands out. Darren Criss is that individual. And rather than attempt to fully articulate what makes him one of my personal favorite BOWs, I think it would be most effective to just list 'em. Let us count the ways.
- He makes Glee bearable. The show is currently a hot mess with a nice piece of eye candy who can sing like a canary. Without Darren, it would just be a hot mess.
- Every inch of him is perfection.
- He loves Disney, even enough to frequently cover "Part of Your World" at his concerts.
- He is incredibly generous with time when it comes to his fans.
- He's the mastermind behind the Harry Potter musical thing. Personally, dgaf. But it seems to bring people joy, so...
- He speaks Italian.
- He gave "Teenage Dream" new life.
- Before he was famous, he lived in San Francisco and Hawaii. And in case you're wondering, the ethnic combination that created his beauty is Chinese, Spanish, Filipino, and Irish.
- He does way more for the gay community that Chris Colfer (Kurt on Glee), who's actually gay.
- His talents are boundless. He plays basically every instrument and he's even on Broadway!
- He wears bow ties (only on Glee, but still). But he's a pretty swanky dresser in real life, too.
- He's not afraid to act a fool.
- He will star in Girl Most Likely with Kristen Wiig, which is like a wild fantasy come true.
|How can you say no to this face?|
- At the Deathly Hallows premiere: "There's been a terrible mistake. Someone really screwed up and let my nutty ass in here."
- On Kardashian Konfidential: "The Kardashians have a book? What the fuck?" (Clearly, he wasn't balking at the concept of the Kardashians as writers, but rather he was scandalized that he wasn't in the know about his fellow BOWs' projects.)
- On his amazing bod: "I feel bad for people who don't have my body."
- On the color purple: "Whether you're gay, straight, purple, orange, or dinosaur. I don't care."
- On... Well, I'm not sure: "Ahoy, everybody! Hello, um... This is Darren Criss and I just wanted to let you know that you're listening to... Fuck, what was it called?"