Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Cunt of the Week: Lorde and Her Big Ass Mouth

Demonic cunt.

If you've been living under a rock for the past few months, you may not know who Lorde is. But chances are, you're overly familiar with her dull-as-dirt song "Royals", which is about being poor. While I admit the song was catchy at first, I quickly got over it.

Not only that, but this 17-year-old, bug-eyed New Zealander has a big mouth on her, and every time it opens, it spews out countless displays of cuntitude. She's too young to realize that she's making the same mistakes Christina Aguilera did early in her career: trash-talking her way straight into in irrelevance. Let's examine some of these moments, shall we?

Lorde's "Royals" was the song of the summer. But so was Selena Gomez's "Come & Get It". So what did Lorde have to say about her peer?
I'm a feminist and the theme of her song is, 'When you're ready, come and get it from me.' I'm sick of being of women being portrayed this way.
Thankfully, Selena responded and said that a feminist shouldn't be tearing down other women. But Lorde didn't stop there. She slammed Selena, as well as artists like Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift, once again by saying she was better than them because she didn't grow up in the industry.
The difference between those kids and me is I grew up completely normal and went to parties and had that experience. I am way less inclined to be like, "Look! I'm fucking mental!"
Omigod, you went to parties in high school? Gosh, how you've lived! She's also better than anyone who wins a singing competition reality show.
I’m glad I was allowed to develop and work on my talent, unlike many singers today who think the answer is starring on a reality or talent show. Shows like The X Factor or The Voice breed this idea that you get what you want the chancey way rather than by hard work.
Even Justin Bieber wasn't safe from her wrath.
The 'young people.' I feel like the influences that are there in the industry for people my age, like Justin Bieber or whatever, are just maybe not a very real depiction of what it's like to be a young person.
There's no arguing that Lorde borrows a lot from Lana Del Rey. Lorde is playing by the sonic rules that Lana invented. But Lorde takes issue with the superficiality of Lana's lyrics, which focus largely around lavish lifestyle.
All those references to expensive alcohol, beautiful clothes and beautiful cars – I was thinking, ‘This is so opulent, but it’s also bullshit.’
Lorde is so much deeper than that because she doesn't sing about that lifestyle. She sings about wanting it! And here's her throwing some more shade Lana's way.
I was just thinking it's so unhealthy for girls to be listening to, you know, 'I'm nothing without you.' This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, 'don't leave me' stuff. That's not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to be listening to.
And some more...
Around the middle of last year I started listening to a lot of rap, like Nicki Minaj and Drake, as well as pop singers like Lana Del Rey. They all sing about such opulence, stuff that just didn't relate to me — or anyone that I knew. I began thinking, 'How are we listening to this? It's completely irrelevant. 
David Guetta is one of the most successful and respected producers in the industry. Some of the biggest names in music have worked with him, and he's also catapulted underrated singers into superstardom. But would Lorde ever work with him?
No! Fuck no! He's so gross.
There's also the time Lorde tried to discuss unrealistic expectations of female beauty in the media, but really just ended up likening herself to the "flawlessness" of Taylor Swift.
Taylor Swift is so flawless and so unattainable, and I don't think it's breeding anything good into young girls [who might think] 'I'm never going to be like Taylor Swift, why can't I be as pretty as Lorde?' That's fucking bullshit.
As if all of this isn't bad enough, Lorde crossed a major fucking line when she said:
I’ll never go off the rails like Britney, or do an Amy, because my upbringing was so normal. I can’t touch alcohol at my age and I’m not sure I even want to when I’m older. Six months ago, no one knew who I was and now fans chase my car. But I’m never going to change or let fame get the better of me.
Famous last words, bitch.

It's amazing how Lorde's cuntitude speaks for herself. And while she may make some interesting points, and while she's entitled to her opinions, there's nothing cute about a bratty teenager running her mouth as if it were in the name of feminism. When you have the #1 song in the country, you don't need to tear everybody else down to stay on top. It's cheap and the easiest way to shoot yourself in foot. What a cunt! Can't wait to see her fall.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you're missing the point. She's 100% right. I don't like her music, but she has her own personality, unlike most of the other artists in the industry today. She has the guts to say it like it is, which I give her enormous credit for.

Taylor said...

Lorde is 100% wrong! You rock for pointing out how ridiculous she is! I can't wait to see her fall either.

Anonymous said...

You are a huge dick for saying such awful things about an amazing human who finally chose to do be her self instead of what people want her to be. You are the real cunt of the week with your big ass mouth, no actually, you don't have big mouth. You are to much of a little bitch to actually say anything to her if you could. You really suck.

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right. She comes from a well-off family in NZ and has been coddled musically since she was signed at 12. She is a 17 year old CHILD who doesn't know shit from shinola, but is so insufferably full of herself. She parrots the simple parts of feminism while displaying ignorance of its finer points.

She has not worked hard enough, nor lived long enough to call people out who have worked MUCH harder to achieve success.

Mark my words, you won't know her name in 3 years.

Anonymous said...

If you dislike her so much, why did you spend so much time on this post to try and tear her down…hahaha pretty ridiculous if you ask me- either way,
a) I doubt she'll read this b) she's more talented and classy than you'll ever be and c) she's still famous and successful and you're not

Joshua Carrasquillo said...

Lorde can go fuck herself straight to Hell for all I give a good goddamn. Her music sucks, she sings like she had a fucking lobotomy and that stupid cunt doesn't pay my fucking bills so fuck her. Stupid bitch. She's ugly as fuck too.

Roger said...

Well you're full of hate :P Hope that works out well for you.

Anonymous said...

Preach it!!!

Anonymous said...

Your fucking stupid.

Virgil Van Proyen said...

To be honest, I have no right to judge someone who is more successful and more well-off than I am...but Lorde is a special kind of bitch. That comment she made about how she thinks David Guetta is "gross" and how she never wants to work with him just goes to show the kind of person that she is. As any kind of artist, it pays to be open to working with other people and to keep an open mind, but Lorde is so willing to go out of her way to say that she won't work with somebody because they're "gross". Because tearing down somebody else publicly is REAL classy.

I don't like her. It's not so much her music as it is her shitty attitude towards other people, her close-mindedness, and her disturbing willingness to start feuds with other people in the music industry. But then again, she's a teenager, and some teenagers can be really shitty people (believe me, I used to be a shitty teenager). And that way she puts herself on a pedestal in that interview is just astounding. I have little doubt in my mind that she'll start badmouthing Sara Bareilles one of these days, just you wait. Stay classy, Lorde! (Twat.)

A thousand thank yous for writing this article. Seriously.

Lilly J. D. said...

Thank you so much for writing this. She's such a hypocritical snobby bitch, but everyone seems to have a boner for her because she's "different." I hate her. She's setting a bad example for feminists and musicians and just people in general.

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad i'm not the only one who sees this bitch for what she is.


People are being pandered to, same as always, they are just trying a new tactic to pick up the hipster crowd.

Anonymous said...

Lord is a cunt and I can't wait to watch her fail. Stupid ass bitch needs to learn her place, which is probably as a waitress in New Zealand.

Anonymous said...

Even though I sort of agree with the sentiment of this write up, in that her attitude can seem quite holier than thou, I think that it's pretty hypocritical of you to criticize anyone for "tearing people down". Half of the stuff you write on this blog seems to be dedicated to such things. If it bothers you, why do it yourself, why even write about it just for the sake of bitching about celebs? You're doing the same thing.

Also, specifically regarding the comment about Selena's song, whether you agree with Lorde's comment or not, she made a legitimate critique, she didn't make a harsh personal insult toward her. If anything, Selena was wrong for suggesting a comment like that is "tearing down" anyone. The thing is, the way people respond to celebrities is a good example of how fickle the public really are. Lorde is speaking her mind, whether people like it or not, whether it's offensive or not, and some people are slating her for it. But then those same people will LOVE another celeb for doing the exact same thing, speaking their mind, not caring if it's rude or offensive. The line between a bitch people love and a bitch people hate is obviously very thin, and it's completely fickle.

Anonymous said...

She's too cunty to be a waitress. Maybe she can flourish in her irrelivance by pushing that fugly face into dough & make gorilla biscuits somewhere....